Click to Home
TwitterFacebook

Go To Search
Port History
Black and white photo of docked shipsVoters Create Port of Bellingham in September 14, 1920 Election
On September 14, 1920, the Port of Bellingham was established. From a beginning focused mainly on increasing shipping at the Bellingham waterfront, the port has expanded into a multi-purpose entity with operations in both Bellingham and Blaine.

The economic opportunities the port has created throughout Whatcom County include shipping, an airport, and selling and leasing land for commercial use. In recent decades, the port has taken an aggressive role in cleaning and restoring Bellingham's waterfront, so it can be enjoyed by all.

Resources
Select a link for more information about the port's history:

Home | Email Page | Print Page | RSS | Sitemap | Translate Page | Accessibility | Web Policy | Powered by CivicPlus
1801 Roeder Ave., Bellingham, WA 98225, Ph: (360) 676-2500