Frequently Asked Questions
How early do I have to arrive at airport for my flight?
- Airlines require passengers to check in 2 hours prior to departure time; if you have a 5:00 am flight, the recommendation is to arrive at 3:30 am – this is the time that TSA and ticket counters open.
- Individuals under 18 are not required to show ID for check in or at TSA check points. Requirements for 18 and older are a government issued ID - some examples are: Driver License, TWIC, Passport, Military ID, and Nexus.
- You can use expired identification as long as it has been expired less than a year.
- You do not need to show a passport at the airport as long as you are traveling within the United States. If you are traveling outside the US you will need to follow your airlines recommendations for identification.
- If you lost your ID and do not have any other government issued ID (see list above) you may bring two items with your name on it to verify who you are. Examples include a bill that is mailed to you, a prescription bottle, school id or a Costco card.
- Each passenger is allowed to bring onto the plane, one quart sized baggie, filled with 3.4 oz. or less of liquids.
- You may bring food through TSA as long as it is in a solid form. Peanut butter, apple sauce and yogurt are considered liquids and will fall into the 3.4 oz. category. See the TSA website for more information.
- Visit the parking section of our website for details.
- If you left/lost your item on the plane, you will need to contact the airline directly. If you left/lost your item on Port property or at TSA, please contact the Port of Bellingham by phone at (360) 671-5674 or fill out our online form.
- Yes, Quick Coach travels to and from Canada, their reservation numbers are: 604-940-4428 or 800-665-2122. web site is www.quickcoach.com.
- Airporter Shuttle travels to/from Bellingham and Seattle, reservations are: 866-235-5247 or 360-380-8800.
- No, the Bellingham International Airport does not have lockers.