NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING TO AMEND THE BELLINGHAM INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT COMMITTEE (BIAAC) RESOLUTION TO REINTEGRATE THE TECHNICAL AIRPORT ADVISORY COMMITTEE (TAAC) INTO A SINGLE UNIFIED AIRPORT ADVISORY COMMITTEE
Notice is hereby given that at 4:00 PM on Tuesday, August 11th , 2020, or as soon thereafter as possible, a public hearing will be held during the Port of Bellingham Commission Meeting, remotely via Zoom to receive public comment regarding a motion to amend the Bellingham International Airport Advisory Committee (BIAAC) resolution and reintegrate the Technical Airport Advisory Committee (TAAC) into a single unified Airport Advisory Committee.
The motion before the Port of Bellingham Board of Commissions to (1) amend the Bellingham International Airport Advisory Committee (BIAAC) Resolution by adopting Resolution 1320C reintegrating the Technical Airport Advisory Committee (TAAC) by, (2) rescinding Resolution 1329, adopted March 18, 2014, to create TAAC and approving changes to the BIAAC bylaws as follows:
- Requiring a minimum of one quarterly meeting for a minimum of four annual meetings, with additional special meetings as deemed necessary by a simple majority.
- Changing the number of members at a meeting that constitutes a quorum, to seven (7) members.
There are multiple ways to participate:
1) Conference Dial in #669-900-9128, you will be prompted to enter a meeting ID # 941 6317 5333(please mute your phone, unmute if called on for public comment)
2) Zoom.com Webpage/App Meeting ID #941 6317 5333 (please mute your mic).
3) In person in the Commission Chambers located at 1801 Roeder Avenue, Bellingham, WA 98225. In person, attendance will be limited by Whatcom County Public Health precautionary measures such as occupancy limits, social distancing and mandatory face coverings. For citizens with special needs, please call the Port at (360) 676-2500 at least four (4) days in advance.
4) Should you not be able to attend the hearing remotely or in person, you may submit written comments in advance to Sunil Harman, Director of Aviation, 4255 Mitchell Way Suite #206, Bellingham, WA 98226 or by email to email@example.com. Written comments will be accepted until 4pm on July 10th, 2020.
Letters of support from the Bellingham International Airport Advisory Committee (BIAAC) and the Technical Airport Advisory Committee (TAAC) are available for review by clicking provided links. Action item memo can be found here.