The Port and Bellingham Regional Chamber of Commerce are bringing back one of Whatcom County’s favorite traditions, a free fireworks display launched high over Bellingham Bay in honor of Independence Day. With COVID vaccines widely available and Washington State easing COVID-related restrictions, the Blast Over the Bay 4th of July Fireworks Display returns as a safe opportunity to celebrate one of our nation’s most cherished holidays. The free fireworks display will begin around 10:30 pm over Bellingham’s scenic Squalicum Harbor. Whatcom County’s largest, most impressive fireworks show will be visible at many locations throughout the City of Bellingham.
The Port and Bellingham Regional Chamber of Commerce will not be coordinating daytime events or activities to celebrate the 4th of July as in past years, however the fireworks display promises to be an exciting show.
- Fireworks will be launched between 200-500 feet in the air and can be viewed from many locations throughout the City of Bellingham
- People are encouraged to find viewing locations where they can watch from their vehicle or outdoor areas where social distancing can be maintained
- Parking will be restricted at traditional viewing areas such as Zuanich Point Park to discourage large crowds and support social distancing
- COVID vaccines are widely available and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is advising fully vaccinated people do not need to wear masks, except where required by federal, state, local, tribal or territorial laws, rules and regulations, including local business and workplace guidance. The Port does not require face masks at Port parks or open spaces
- There are many amazing Port parks from which to view the fireworks display: Zuanich Point Park, Tom Glenn Commons, Downtown Waterfront, and Little Squalicum Beach