PORT OF BELLINGHAM
Bellingham Shipping Terminal Marine Infrastructure and Dredging
NOTICE OF BID
Notice is hereby given that sealed bids for the Bellingham Shipping Terminal Marine Infrastructure and Dredging project located in Bellingham, Washington will be received at the Administrative Offices of the Port of Bellingham, 1801 Roeder Avenue, Bellingham, Washington until 11:00 a.m., Thursday, November 9, 2023. The official time shall be taken from the designated clock at the Administrative Offices. Any bids received after the specified time and date will not be considered. Bids will then and there be publicly opened and read aloud.
The scope of work for this project consists of furnishing all labor, materials, and equipment necessary for the project identified above including the following major work items:
• Demolition and waste haul of a portion of the Central Terminal wharf.
• Installation of temporary and permanent electrical and mechanical utilities and modifications to existing utilities.
• Dredging, hauling and disposal at a Subtitle D landfill of contaminated sediment located within Whatcom Waterway and under the wharf deck along South, Central, and North Terminals. Placement of a clean sand “residual management cover” (RMC) layer over dredged intertidal sediment areas.
• Construction of a new steel pile supported concrete deck heavy lift wharf area within the footprint of the existing Central Terminal wharf.
• Selective demolition and repair of timber piles, decking, and bracing at the South Terminal pier.
A mandatory pre-bid conference for prospective bidders will be held Thursday, August 17, 2023, at 10:00 a.m. at the Port of Bellingham’s Administrative Offices located at 1801 Roeder Avenue, Bellingham, Washington 98225. A site visit will follow.
Engineers estimate: $18,000,000 - $20,000,000
Each bid must be accompanied by a cashier's check, money order, or an original signed and stamped surety bid bond in an amount not less than five percent (5%) of the total bid, made payable to the Port of Bellingham.
Any and all questions related to this project must be submitted via email prior to 5:00 PM, local time, on Thursday, September 28, 2023. No questions will be accepted after that time.
The Port of Bellingham reserves the right to reject any or all bids and to waive any irregularities or informalities.
To register your company on the Plan Holders list, please contact Brian Wilson, Contracts Administrator by email at .
All bids submitted shall be considered as valid offers for a period of forty-five (45) days from the date of the bid opening during which time the Port of Bellingham will make the award or return all bids.
Notice to be published: Monday, August 7, 2023